– 4 aortic teams per round, constituted by 2 participants each, younger than 39yo. (8 participants per round)
– 2 SITE faculty as convenors
– All participants must be registered one week before SITE 2023 via congress website.
Note: participants must be first registered for SITE 2023 and additionally will be able to register for the competition. Registration for competition is free of charge.
– 2 EVAR cases per team: each team will participate in 2 rounds so that both team members can take the lead in each case. Cases will be based in infrarenal AAA.
– 2 rounds per team (45min each). One in the morning and one in the afternoon.
– Planning and sizing of the case: (10-15min). Measures will be given to all teams as a starting point
– Planning evaluation by convenors (2min)
– 4 EVAR stations for cases simulations (20min)
Goal: correctly perform a virtual EVAR procedure: jury will consider
2 main aspects:
– Shortest period of time
– Quality of performance
2 Travel grants for SITE 2024 and competition diplomas.